12620 Clarksville Pike
Clarksville, MD 21029
Sleep Apnea Symptoms and Dangers
Did you know that snoring can be a symptom of a serious medical condition that can be Life Threatening. Obstructive sleep apnea affects more than 20 million Americans and can lead to hypertension, heart attack, stroke, depression, muscle pain, fibromyalgia, morning headaches, and excessive daytime sleepiness. Most people with mild sleep apnea are aware that they snore and feel overtired or fatigued but are unaware of potentially serious medical problems which may exist.
There are different types of sleep apnea and they can be revealed in a number of ways. Each patient may have a unique combination of symptoms.Do you experience any of the following recurring sleep apnea symptoms?
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches/migraines (may also signify a jaw joint problem known as TMJ/TMD). Our dentists are also experienced in neuromuscular dentistry (www.leadingdentist.com)
- Short term memory problems
- Weight gain
- Gastric reflux
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
- Slow metabolism
- Inability to lose weight
- High blood pressure
- Severe Anxiety
- Memory and concentration difficulties
- ADD and ADHD symptoms
- Intellectual deterioration
- Mood swings/temperamental behavior
- Poor job performance or problems in school
- Mouth breathing
- Restlessness and tossing and turning during sleep
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficult nose breathing
- Choking/gasping sensation that wakes you up
- Inability to sleep through the night
- Heavy snoring (more common in patients with obstructive sleep apnea, rather than central sleep apnea)
If you experience any of these sleep apnea symptoms, contact the sleep apnea dentist today. Ignoring these signs can lead to dangers of sleep apnea such as heart disease, stroke, heart attack, hypertension, diminished concentration and job ability, and automobile accidents. Sleep apnea in children has also been linked to academic underachievement, poor intellectual development and hyperactivity.
Learn more about Sleep Apnea and Snoring
Obstructive sleep can be devestating, robbing you from restful sleep or even from dreaming. Well, take control over your sleep. Watch this testimonial about how effective mouth pieces can be for sleep apnea and how you too can dream again.